Endive with Herbed Cream Cheese and Caramelized Apples
- 4 heads Belgian endive trimmed, separated into spears
- 4 apples peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Place a medium sauce pan over medium heat and add the butter, apples and cinnamon. Stir and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Use a teaspoon to fill the end of each endive leaf with herbed cream cheese and add about 1 tablespoon of apples. Arrange on a platter and serve.
Whenever I have a dinner party at my house, I always have the same dilemma…what shall I make for appetizers? I get more stressed out about the appetizers than the main course, so that is the reason I have been making a lot of different appetizers lately, which explains all of my bean dips :).
This endive recipe was really great, not to mention how easy and simple it was to make. The endive looks so pretty and they are deliciously tasty with the beautiful combination of soft herbed cream cheese and caramelized apple filling. This is a great appetizer for your next holiday party. Try it!