Estofado de Cerdo (Pork Stew)
- 6 pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup water
- 2 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 cup green beans cut into pieces
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and into chunks
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and cook for about 4 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the tomato and water, and cook for about 7 minutes more.
- Add the pork loin chops, bay leaf, salt, cumin powder and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and let it cook for about 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the potatoes, green beans and carrots. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Serve with rice and avocado on the side.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Estofado de Cerdo is a Colombian dish consisting of pork cooked in a tomato-based sauce that includes carrots, potatoes and green beans. For this recipe, I used canned tomatoes, but you could easily use fresh tomatoes and add other vegetables such as peas and yuca.
This dish is delicious served with rice and avocado.
Oh wow!!! loved the recipe..looks so delicious..
Erica esto se ve muy bueno! delicious! and yummy, nice recipe, gloria
familia cali vítores
se lo voy a hacer a mi familia me encanto esta receta muy fácil y muy rica la sigo en el facebook
Wow... where do I start...congratulations on your new baby, I'm sorry you lost your job, your pork dish looks amazing as usual.All in one comment...lol Oh Erica, I'm so happy for you, a new baby is such wonderful blessing. It will be lot's of fun.
oh this looks wonderful love stews at this time of year great idea to serve with avocado as well
Yum, this pork stew looks like perfect comfort food. What a treat and I know what we'll be having later this week.