Lentils and Pork Stew (Lentejas Estofadas con Cerdo)
- ½ pound lentils rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pork chops
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 carrot sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 scallion chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large potato peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- White rice and hogao for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the pork chops and cook until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Add the onions, garlic, scallions and red pepper to the skillet. Cook for about 6 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except the potatoes, cilantro, salt and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Add the potatoes and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
I am a huge lentils and pork chops fan, so I decided to put them together in a lentil stew over white rice. It was simple to make and tasted delicious. I know, not very original, nevertheless, this is a great autumn dish 🙂