Esponjado de Limón is lime mousse popular in Colombia. This Colombian dessert is easy to make and delicious. Other Colombian varaiations of this delicious mousse are esponjado de maracuyá, esponjado de café and esponjado de mandarina.
Lime Esponjado (Esponjado de Limón)
- ¾ cup lime juice
- 1 can 14 oz condensed milk
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- In a small pot add the water and gelatin. Over medium heat let it cook for about 2 minutes or until the gelatin dissolves.
- Place the lime juice and condensed milk in a blender and blend for about 2 minutes. Add the dissolved gelatin to the blender and blend for 1 more minute.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer beat the heavy cream for about 3 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the lime mixture.
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites and sugar in a clean bowl until stiff.
- Add half of the egg whites to the mixture, gently folding to incorporate them. Don’t overwork the mixture. Add the rest of the whites and fold the mixtures together.
- Spoon the mixture into individual serving glasses or bowls and refrigerate for about 5 hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream or chopped graham crackers on top.
When it comes to desserts, I usually like the ones made with fruits and that are a little tangy. The Colombian esponjado and flan are the perfect desserts to me because I can make variations with my favorite fruits and flavors. This lime esponjado is the perfect ending to any meal. Enjoy.
This sounds so delicious and refreshing...this would be a great dessert to follow any meal!
Refreshing!!! Nice click too!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog:)
Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen
Wow, this looks like an amazing dessert. Does it taste like key lime pie?
Woo, nice dessert, a creamy one too! yummy!
Wow! I love lime, and in this "espojoso" has to be more than delicious!
I'm with you and also enjoy fruity flavors for dessert - looks great!
Not really, but it is delicious. Try it!
Thank you everyone for the comments!
that sounds so good and refreshing!
This does sound refreshing! Love it Erica!!
A marvelous dessert: a real treat!
This is my kind of dessert as well, love it
You're right abt this being a great ending for any meal ... fresh and comforting at the same time! lovely.
This looks like the perfect way to end the meal.
Thanks everyone for visiting my blog. I truly appreciate all your comments!