Delicious layers of pasta with a creamy white sauce, then layered with a colorful combination of roasted red bell peppers, onions, green peppers, zucchini slices, and wonderful homemade tomato sauce. Finally, a delicious combination of melted mozzarella and asiago cheese rounds up the flavor of this beautiful meatless lasagna!
Meatless Roasted Vegetables Lasagna
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 green zucchini, sliced
- 3 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 3 green peppers, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Handful of fresh thyme
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 2 ½ cups tomato sauce
- 1 pound whole-milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups grated Asiago cheese
- Put the vegetables in a baking dish lined with baking paper to prevent them from sticking. Drizzle with olive oil and add the garlic and thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to mix well then, roast for 20-30 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the noodles and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Drain again and lay the noodles on a baking sheet and cover with a wet towel.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk to just below a boil. In another saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Stir the flour into the butter and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the hot milk.
- Set over medium-low heat and cook, stirring, until thick and smooth, about 3 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and add the nutmeg. Remove the sauce from the heat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Cover the bottom of the prepared dish with a layer of the noodles.
- Spoon one-third of the tomato sauce over the noodles. Top with one-third of the roasted vegetables and then with one-third of the white sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella and asiago cheese evenly over the white sauce. Repeat the layering twice.
- Bake until golden and bubbling, about 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
Calories: 895kcalCarbohydrates: 89gProtein: 48gFat: 39gSaturated Fat: 23gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 1618mgPotassium: 1398mgFiber: 8gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 3993IUVitamin C: 158mgCalcium: 990mgIron: 4mg
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
This is the all time comfort food...and healthy too. Have a great Memorial Weekend!
Hi Erica, love this look really dleicious! gloria
oh YUM! I would love a giant piece of this!!!
I love this vegetable lasagne, lighter than the meat-filled one and just as delicious!
I love it that you mix mozzarella with Asiago cheese in this classic dish. It sounds extra good and more interesting than regular lasagna. Thanks, too, for cooking vegetarian. I'm a big fan.
this looks so good I have been on a lasagna kick lately
wat a gorgeous dish..absolutely delicious..
first time here..awesome space you have..love your presentation..
Am yur happy subscriber now..:)
do stop by mine sometime..
tastyappetite.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">Tasty Appetite
tastyappetite.blogspot.com/2011/05/letz-relishh-ice-creams-event.html" rel="nofollow">Event: Letz Relishh Ice Creams
who needs meat? this is a great vegetarian option, erica!
I love meatless meals and with all these roasted veggies in this, it just looks wonderful!