Today I want to share with you another yummy salad that I made myself for lunch this week. It was fresh, quick and delicious! For a vegetarian version just omit the shrimp.
Layers of flavors from fresh ingredients makes this salad a spring standout.
- 2 red heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 cups mixed beans (white beans, chickpeas, red beans)
- 1 avocado,peeled and sliced
- 12 cooked shrimp
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, pepper, lime, lemon juice and cilantro, then set aside.
- Place the tomatoes slices in a large plate, top the tomatoes with the beans, the onions, the avocado pieces, shrimp and cooked egg. Drizzle with dressing and serve.