Pasta with Creamy Spinach Sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled
- ½ cup onions diced
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- ¼ cup virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup hot pasta water
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound dried penne or other pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Red hot pepper optional
- In a fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and sautué lightly until golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and sautué for 1 minute more.
- Add the spinach and sautué, stirring, until completely wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and continue sautuéing for about 2 minutes more.
- Place the spinach mixture, parsley, feta cheese and cream cheese in a food processor. Add the hot pasta water. Then season with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Cook the pasta per package instructions. Drain and toss immediately with the green sauce. Sprinkle red hot pepper on top and serve with asiago or parmesan cheese.
This is a perfect week night meal the whole family will enjoy. Sneaking spinach into a dish it is a great way to get your picky kids to eat more leafy greens without any complaints.
This is a wonderful and simple pasta dish that can be served with salad and bread on the side.