Potato, Avocado and Shrimp Salad
- 6 large peeled potatoes cooked and diced
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp
- 3 ripe avocados peeled and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced and cooked carrots
- 1 cup cooked peas
- ⅓ cup creme fraiche or crema de leche fresca
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- ¼ cup grated onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, creme fraiche, lime juice, salt, pepper and cumin and set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl, add the onions, garlic, carrots, peas, shrimp, avocado and cilantro.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Four ripe avocados were in the basket in my kitchen for two days while I was trying to figure out what to make with them. I eat so many avocados that sometimes I don't know how to eat them in a different way.
So I decided to make a Potato, Avocado and Shrimp Salad and it was easy and delicious. You can't go wrong adding avocados to a salad! This salad is perfect for the hot summer days ahead 🙂