Although apples are not one of my favorite fruits, I do buy a lot of them when they are in season during the fall month to be used for cooking and baking.
I made this Apple, Cheese and Honey tart a few months ago, but forgot to post it… better late than never! This tart was very simple to make and delicious and is definitely something I will make again.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup queso fresco or (feta cheese), crumble
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the puff pastry on the baking sheet. Mix the cream and feta cheese in a small bowl. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the pastry, leaving about 1 inch border.
- Place the apple slices on top of the cheese. Add cinnamon and honey. Brush the edge of the tart with the egg.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Serve it with a green salad on the side.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...