This is a fantastic brunch recipe as it is easy to make and delicious. You can even play with the dish and add your favorite vegetables. I happen to love mushrooms and asparagus and used Portobello’s but you can use any kind of mushrooms that you like. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 8 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, and then add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the asparagus, cook about 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Add parsley and remove from the heat.
- Rub the inside of 4 small ramekins with butter and then add mushroom mixture into each ramekin. Add 1 egg to each, season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons heavy cream and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese. Place the ramekins in a baking dish and bake about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.