I love classic banana bread, but I don’t like to bake. So I usually eat it when my mother-in-law makes it for me. However, we were invited to a last minute dinner party and I didn’t have anything to bring, but I always have bananas at home, so I decided to create this Banana Orange Bread and everybody liked it. Enjoy!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
5 ripe bananas (mashed)
2 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons honey
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup melted butter
½ cup dried cranberries
Rind and juice from 1 medium orange
½ teaspoon almond extract
Confectioners sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease bottom of a loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder into a bowl, add sugar, the cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl add the mashed bananas, the eggs,honey,almond extract, butter, orange juice and rind.
- Add the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth. Add the cranberries.
- Spoon the batter into prepare pan and bake about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center come out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and sprinkle with sugar.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...