I love classic banana bread, but I don’t like to bake. So I usually eat it when my mother-in-law makes it for me. However, we were invited to a last minute dinner party and I didn’t have anything to bring, but I always have bananas at home, so I decided to create this Banana Orange Bread and everybody liked it. Enjoy!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
5 ripe bananas (mashed)
2 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons honey
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup melted butter
½ cup dried cranberries
Rind and juice from 1 medium orange
½ teaspoon almond extract
Confectioners sugar for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Grease bottom of a loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Sift the flour with the baking powder into a bowl, add the cinnamon and salt.
4. In a medium bowl add the mashed bananas, the eggs, butter, orange juice and rind.
5. Add the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth. Add the cranberries.
6. Spoon the batter into prepare pan and bake about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center come out clean.
7. Cool on wire rack and sprinkle with sugar.