This post is also available in Spanish
There are many different variations of bread pudding throughout Latin America, but this Colombian one is my favorite! This bread pudding is a great dessert for entertaining because it tastes better the next day, so make it one day ahead.
- 1 loaf white bread, cubed
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 beaten eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- Place the bread in a large baking pan and bake in a 400° F oven about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add bread cubes to milk mixture. Let it stand for appromaximately 20 minutes or until bread absorbs most of the mixture.
- Pour the bread-pudding mixture into a baking pan. Bake uncovered in a 350° f oven for 1 hour or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.