This post is also available in Spanish
There are many different variations of bread pudding or Pudín de pan throughout Latin America, but this Colombian one is my favorite! This bread pudding is a great dessert for entertaining because it tastes better the next day, so make it one day ahead.
- 1 loaf white bread, cubed
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 beaten eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- Place the bread in a large baking pan and bake in a 400° F oven about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add bread cubes to milk mixture. Let it stand for appromaximately 20 minutes or until bread absorbs most of the mixture.
- Pour the bread-pudding mixture into a baking pan. Bake uncovered in a 350° f oven for 1 hour or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.