Oops! I meant to post this salad recipe almost 2 months ago when I made seafood and chicken paella for dinner for my sister-in-law and her family when they came to visit from Virginia. I wanted to make a fresh, simple, but delicious salad to go with the paella and I think this recipe was the right choice, at least the empty bowl in the kitchen made me think so
It is truly a fantastic salad, try it!
(4- 6 Servings)
- 4 cups lightly packed arugula
- 4 cups lightly packed mixed torn greens such as romaine, red or green leaf lettuce, or radicchio, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inches pieces
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring it to a boil. Place the asparagus and blanch 1 minute. Rinsed with cold water and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the arugula, mixed greens, tomatoes, radishes, pine nuts and asparagus.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle the olive oil whisking constantly, add the fresh parsley, adjust the seasoning to taste and serve.