Oops! I meant to post this salad recipe almost 2 months ago when I made seafood and chicken paella for dinner for my sister-in-law and her family when they came to visit from Virginia. I wanted to make a fresh, simple, but delicious salad to go with the paella and I think this recipe was the right choice, at least the empty bowl in the kitchen made me think so 🙂
It is truly a fantastic salad, try it!
(4- 6 Servings)
- 4 cups lightly packed arugula
- 4 cups lightly packed mixed torn greens such as romaine, red or green leaf lettuce, or radicchio, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inches pieces
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring it to a boil. Place the asparagus and blanch 1 minute. Rinsed with cold water and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the arugula, mixed greens, tomatoes, radishes, pine nuts and asparagus.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle the olive oil whisking constantly, add the fresh parsley, adjust the seasoning to taste and serve.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...