I am a big fan of eggs in all forms and I absolutely love asparagus, so last week I made these asparagus and caramelized onions frittatas with a mix of cheeses and fresh herbs for breakfast and we loved it. For those who are unfamiliar with frittatas, they are defined as: an Italian dish made with fried beaten eggs, resembling a spanish tortilla (omelet).
Feel free to substitute my cheeses, herbs and vegetables for your favorite ones instead.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 14 asparagus, cut into small pieces
- 6 beaten eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- elt the butter and olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, add the onions and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- reheat the oven to 375 F.
- lace all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- ivide mixture equally into greased ramekins or individual oven proof dishes and bake for about 20 minutes or until tops are puffed and set.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...