This dish is simple and easy to prepare, and most importantly, it is absolutely delicious! The sweetness of the ripe plantains works perfectly with the meat and spices.
This is a wonderful dish to enjoy on a weeknight. I love the way all the flavors come together in perfect harmony.
- 4 ripe plantains
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese(optional)
- Fresh cilantro
1/2 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
1 cup of tomato sauce
1/2 cup beef broth
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Peel the plantains, place them on a baking sheet and rub them with butter.
- ake the plantains for 20 minutes, then turn them and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden on both sides.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: In a medium pan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the and cook onion until soft. Add the chopped garlic and cook until almost golden.
- Add the cumin, salt and pepper. Add the ground beef, beef broth and tomato sauce. Cook for about 20 more minutes.
- Remove the plantains from the oven, make a horizontal slit on the middle of each plantain, and stuff them with the meat mixture.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...