Roasted Cassava (Yuca Asada)
- 1 pound frozen yuca or cassava
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- In a large pot with salted water cook the yuca for 15 minutes. Drain a set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the olive oil, spices, salt and pepper. Add the yuca to the mixture, tossing to coat.
- Arrange the yuca mixture in a single layer in a baking dish coated with cooking spray and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until the yuca is tender and browned.
- Stir in lime juice, sprinkle salt and pepper and serve.
I love yuca and in Colombia yuca is one of the most popular vegetables. We incorporate this vegetable into a lot of our recipes and it is one of the most popular side dishes. Yuca is used in Colombia in many ways comparable to how potatoes are used in the United States. Roasted yuca or Yuca Asada is a healthier variation of the Fried Yuca