This Potato Salad with Avocado Dressing began as a simple lunch idea, and turned into something wonderful. The secret to this salad is the avocado dressing that is used instead of the typical mayonnaise. This gives the potato salad not only it’s creamy, silken texture, but it also adds a twist to the flavor, as compared to traditional potato salad.
I knew I wanted to add some red onion for texture, but beyond that, I just kept reaching for things in the kitchen that I needed to use up! I found grape tomatoes, cilantro, limes and some ripe avocados in the fruit bowl, so, in the potato salad they went. This is one of the best potato salads that I’ve ever had. Buen provecho!
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or crema fresca
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablesppon white vinegar
- Pinch of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- About 3 pounds of cooked red potatoes, skin on and sliced about1/2-inch thick.
- To make the dressing: Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend until creamy consistency.
- Combine all the salad ingredients, in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the dressing to the potatoes and mix well. Season again with salt and pepper, to taste.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...