This recipe was inspired by mother-in-law’s sweet-potato casserole. I had some ripe plantains at home and I wanted to make something with an American twist and my mother-in-law makes a delicious sweet potato pie. So, I decided to create something similar, but with ripe plantains and coconut. Enjoy!
3 very ripe plantains, unpeeled
2 eggs, beaten
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ cup coconut milk
1/2 cup melted butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup melted butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup grated coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Bake the bake plantains for about 25 minutes. Let them cool and peel.
3. Mash the plantains and add the eggs, ground cinnamon, coconut milk, ½ cup melted butter and sugar.
4. Pour into a casserole dish.
5. In a medium bowl mix all the topping ingredients, until well combined. Sprinkle over the plantain mixture and bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve.
I want to thank Ivy from “Kopiaste” for the “yummylicious Food Blog award”.