This recipe was inspired by mother-in-law’s sweet-potato casserole. I had some ripe plantains at home and I wanted to make something with an American twist and my mother-in-law makes a delicious sweet potato pie. So, I decided to create something similar, but with ripe plantains and coconut. Enjoy!
- 3 very ripe plantains, unpeeled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup grated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the bake plantains for about 25 minutes. Let them cool and peel.
- Mash the plantains and add the eggs, ground cinnamon, coconut milk, ½ cup melted butter and sugar.
- Pour into a casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl mix all the topping ingredients, until well combined. Sprinkle over the plantain mixture and bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve.
- I want to thank Ivy from “Kopiaste” for the “yummylicious Food Blog award”.