I had some extra chicken legs thawed in the refrigerator that I didn’t use when I recently made my chicken soup for myself while I was sick. I still wasn’t feeling well and I needed something simple and easy to make using the ingredients that I already had at home, as I still wasn’t feeling up to going to the supermarket. So, I was thinking all night what I could make with them and the result were these chicken legs with lime.
They were delicious, packed with flavor and very easy to make and I only used a few ingredients. If you prefer, you can use chicken thighs instead. Enjoy!
- 6 chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ limes, sliced
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Marinate chicken: Mince and mash garlic to a paste with ½ teaspoon salt, then transfer to a large bowl. Stir in olive oil, lime juice and cumin. Toss chicken within marinade until coated. Cover, put in the fridge and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat at 425°F.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes. Take the baking sheet out the oven and place the lime slices on top of the chicken evenly.
- Continue roasting until the chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes more and serve.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...