Yuca is a staple in Colombia. It is definitely one of my favorite vegetables and I am always looking for ways to cook it. The saffron gives this recipe beautiful color and a delicious taste.
- 1 pound frozen yuca or cassava
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the yuca in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Heat the milk, cream, garlic and saffron in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain the yuca and remove ay fiber from the center. Mash and add the milk saffron mixture, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and serve.
If you like this page, you can say thanks by sharing it