Yuca is a staple in Colombia. It is definitely one of my favorite vegetables and I am always looking for ways to cook it. The saffron gives this recipe beautiful color and a delicious taste.
- 1 pound frozen yuca or cassava
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the yuca in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Heat the milk, cream, garlic and saffron in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain the yuca and remove ay fiber from the center. Mash and add the milk saffron mixture, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and serve.