This is a great way to cook a quick and delicious appetizer for family or friends using shrimp. Enjoy this dish on a warm sunny day.
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 3 limes, divided
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small ripe avocados, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into ½ inch cubes
- To prepare the shrimp, Place the juice of 2 limes, salt, pepper and cumin powder in a zip lock bag, add the shrimp and marinade in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes each side.
- Remove from the heat and let them cool. Reserve 8 shrimp for garnish and cut the rest into pieces at 3 pieces per shrimp.
- In a large bowl mix the pineapple chunks, red onion, cilantro, shrimp, juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients well, add the avocado and fold into the mixture.
- Serve in martini glasses and top with 2 whole shrimp each glass.
If you like this page, you can say thanks by sharing it