Shrimp, Pineapple and Avocado Cocktail (Cocktail de Camarones con Piña y Aguacate)
- 24 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- juice of 3 limes divided
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small ripe avocados peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into ½ inch cubes
- To prepare the shrimp, Place the juice of 2 limes, salt, pepper and cumin powder in a zip lock bag, add the shrimp and marinade in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes each side.
- Remove from the heat and let them cool. Reserve 8 shrimp for garnish and cut the rest into pieces at 3 pieces per shrimp.
- In a large bowl mix the pineapple chunks, red onion, cilantro, shrimp, juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients well, add the avocado and fold into the mixture.
- Serve in martini glasses and top with 2 whole shrimp each glass.
Calories: 225kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 4gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 17mgPotassium: 581mgFiber: 8gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 248IUVitamin C: 31mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 1mg
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
This is a great way to cook a quick and delicious appetizer for family or friends using shrimp. Enjoy this dish on a warm sunny day.
sounds great Erica would you like it to be featured on my new blog for an Alaskan Seafood company love Rebecca, comment on my blog or email rebeccasubbiah at yahoo dot com
HannahBanana aka Amanda
What a taste explosion! Thank you so much for the recipe, as we are shrimp and avocado lovers!
Love your blog!
Wow! All the flavors in this dish sound amazing together, love the idea! Thanks for the recipe.
I may just have to start cooking pure Columbian recipes - this is another dish that my hubby would just love! Well me too for that matter.
Thank you so much for the comments everyone:)
your recipes are unqiue, quick & refreshing! Pineapple & avocado is summer heaven.
I made chimichurri a couple of days back.
What a great recipe - warmth from the cumin, creaminess from the avocado, sweetness from the pineapple....sounds like a flavor explosion.
i just love shrimp. yummm! m sure this will taste heavenly delicious 🙂
How would a touch of chopped jalapeno pepper be with this dish?
Really good! 🙂
Yo quiero saber porque se me rompe la masa, cuando estoy formando las empanadas o cuando las estoy gritando.
Tambien, que recomiendas, Agua fría o agua caliente para mezclar la masa?
Me encantan tus recetas... gracias