I finally saw Julie and Julia and I liked very much. It is such an inspiring movie for food bloggers. I went to the movies by myself for the first time in my life and I really enjoyed it. It’s not that I don’t like going to the movies with my husband but Julie and Julia is not the kind of movie he would see at the theater and I couldn’t wait to see it on DVD. Anyway, go and see the movie, the actors did a great job!
Enjoy these delicious shrimp tacos with chipotle slaw. They are absolutely delicious.
24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
2 cups carrot, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons grated onion
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup mayonnaise
3 teaspoons chipotle pepper
1. To make the slaw: In a medium bowl combine the mayonnaise, heavy cream, chipotle pepper and salt.
2. Add the cabbage, carrots and onions to the mayo mixture and mix well. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl mix the cumin, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
4. Place the shrimp in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are cooked.
5. To serve, spoon chipotle slaw on the tortilla, then top with shrimp and fresh cilantro.