Milo is a delicious drink that I drank every morning growing up in Colombia. I can’t remember a period in my life when it wasn’t my favorite drink. It is a chocolate and malt powder which is mixed with hot or cold milk to make a wonderful and rich drink.
Milo is made by Nestlé and here in the USA you can find it online at Amazon.com or at your local Latin market.
The other day I was craving something sweet and I didn’t know what to make, so I opened my pantry and the first thing I saw was my green container of Milo and that was the inspiration for this cake. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 stick + 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 11/4 cups of Milo powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter and lightly flour a baking pan.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs and beat well, then add the Milo, milk and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Add them to your wet ingredients.
- Stir together with a spoon until blended. Scrape down the batter in the bowl, making sure the ingredients are mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack for about 10 minutes and serve.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...