I have a confession to make today… I am a condensed milk and Dulce de Leche addict 🙂 I just love these ingredients and am always creating recipes with them!
Those of you who have been longtime readers know that I don’t love to bake and don’t consider myself a great baker, but lately, I am in the baking mood! I made these Sweet Condensed Milk Cakes with Orange Glaze and they are simple to make and absolutely delicious.
- 6 small cakes
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sweet condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Place rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour one cake or small cake pans or ramekins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place the butter and the sweet condensed milk in a bowl. Beat on medium speed until fluffy and pale brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stop the mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add one egg. Beat on medium for one minute. Add the remaining eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute between each addition. Stop the bowl and scrape down the sides as necessary. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the egg and butter mixture. Beat on low speed until just incorporated.
- Stop the mixer, scrape down the bowl and add the rest of the dry ingredients. Beat on low speed until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans, filling each about two thirds full. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Let the cakes rest in the pans before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze: in a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients until smooth. Drizzle on top the cooled cakes.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...