Hummus de Aguacate y Limón (Avocado and Lime Hummus)
- 1 can chickpeas garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoons of Tahini
- 4 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- Place the garbanzo beans and garlic in a food processor and mix for about 20 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process to form a smooth paste.
- Serve or store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Classic Hummus is one of my favorite dips and I love making my own variations of it. This Avocado Hummus is creamy and tangy, and the perfect snack or appetizer served with plantain chips. You can also add this hummus to roasted vegetables, spread it on bread to make a sandwich, or even as a salad dressing.
Oh, I like the sound of this. Like a combo of two of my favorite dips, hummus and guac! Nummy.
I love hummus and your recipe loos fantastic.
Love this!! What a great hummus.
nancy at good food matters
I love this new approach to making hummus--wonderful!
I didnt know hummus can be prepared so easily, would love to try this soon!
I've never thought to put avocado in hummus! How delicious!
what a glorious version of hummus! this is most definitely worth a try--thanks, erica!
Love hummus, and if its possible you just improved it with the addition of avacado.
Platanos, Mangoes and Me!
What a clever idea..leave it to you..
What a fantastic and refreshing change from the typical hummus!
This was a wonderful dip. I made today and served it with chips.
Thank you, everyone!