Papas al Perejil is a very simple and a popular side dish in Colombian homes and restaurants. My mom makes this dish at least once every other week to go with her roasted chicken (pollo asado), stuffed meatloaf (albóndigon), or even her roasted pork (cañon de cerdo).
They were a staple at our house growing up, for sure, and I never tired of them. If you are Colombian, I am sure many of you have had this dish growing up, perhaps you are still preparing it at home. Papas con Perejil is one of those simple dishes that reminds me of my mom’s cooking.
(About 6 servings)
- 2 pounds small potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt, to your taste
- Set a steamer over medium heat and bring the water to a boil. Place the potatoes in the steamer, cover and steam until the potatoes are tender, but firm, about 20 minutes. If you don’t have a steamer, boil the potatoes for about 7 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl. Add the melted butter, salt and parsley. Mix carefully and serve warm.