- Plantain chips made from 5 green plantains. See recipe here
- ½ pound cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ pound Monterey jack cheese shredded
- ¼ cup white onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeño slices
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ fresh cilantro chopped
- To assemble the nachos: Place a single layer of plantain chips on the bottom of an oven safe tray. Sprinkle some of the cheddar and Monterey jack cheese on top. Place diced onion and jalapeuño slices on top of the cheese. Repeat with the remaining plantain chips, cheese, jalapeuños and onions to create 3 more layers, making each layer slightly narrower than the previous one.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle diced tomatoes, olives and cilantro on top. Serve with guacamole on the side.
Sometimes while lying in bed at night, just about asleep, a recipe comes to me, like these Plantain Nachos. If you have been reading this blog for a while, you probably know that I am in love with plantains!
Today, I am putting a twist on Nachos, one of my favorite appetizers, with these Plantain Nachos. I combined two of my favorite dishes, nachos and green plantain chips (platanitos).
The combination of crunchy plantain chips topped with cheese, jalapeños, tomato, and olives, served with creamy guacamole on the side is incredible! Throw on shredded chicken, pulled pork or ground beef and you’ve got yourself a whole meal!
Have I convinced you yet?