Spinach Cake (Torta de Espinacas)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 11/4 cups milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 oz frozen spinach thawed
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespons parmesan cheese
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk often until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the milk gradually and continue whisking often until the sauce is smooth and thick, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the spinach and garlic in a blender and add the white sauce(bechamel sauce). Blend until smooth.
- Place the spinach mixture in a plastic container and add the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mix the parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Pour the spinach mixture in a baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesan mixture.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the cake is done.
This spinach cake is really simple and delicious. I have a weird relationship with spinach, sometimes I hate it and sometimes and I just can't get enough of it. It all depends on how it's prepared.
One of the ways I love to eat spinach is when it's in this Spinach Cake :-)This is a great vegetarian side dish. Enjoy it!