Tomato and Red Pepper Rice (Arroz con Tomate y Pimentón)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 vegetable bouillon tablet
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 4 cups water
- Heat the olive oil in a pot. Add the onions, garlic and red bell pepper and cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir with a wooden spoon to coat well, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the water, vegetable bouillon, tomato puree and salt. Bring to a boil, stir and decrease the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
Plain white rice is eaten by most people in Colombia every day, but for entertaining, a more interesting rice dish is often served, such as this one.
This Red pepper and Tomato Rice dish is the perfect accompaniment to your favorite grilled meat or poultry. Enjoy it!