This Tomato and Red Pepper Rice is a simple side dish full of flavor. It goes perfect with any main dish.
The tomato and red pepper give this rice dish a beautiful color and delicious flavor. This recipe is quick and easy to make, and can even be made ahead to include as part of your weekly meal preparation. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
What main dishes go well with this rice dish?
This tomato rice is very versatile and it goes well with a lot of entrees or make a rice bowl with beans, guacamole and corn. Some of the main dishes I like to serve this rice are fried whole fish, stuffed meatloaf, grilled steak with cumin butter and breaded chicken cutlets.
Tomato and Red Pepper Rice Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Heat the olive oil in a pot. Add the onions, garlic and red bell pepper and cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir with a wooden spoon to coat well, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomato puree and salt. Bring to a boil, stir and decrease the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
Plain white rice is eaten by most people in Colombia every day, but for entertaining, a more interesting rice dish is often served, such as this one. This Red pepper and Tomato Rice dish is the perfect accompaniment to your favorite grilled meat, fish or poultry. Enjoy it!
More rice dishes to try:
vat a great way to have rice!!adding tomato puree is an interesting way 🙂 thanx
Looks good, tasty, and fast - my kind of meal!
I think this recipe can make a great side dish to any kind of meat!
Natasha - 5 Star Foodie
That is a great side dish! Delicious!
This looks amazing.
I love tomatoes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am finally growing them in my garden.
I ate the first one tonight and it was sooo PERFECT 🙂
This is my first time to your blog. You have a wonderful blog with great recipes. The Tomato and Red pepper rice looks very delicious and inviting. Presentation is awesome.
Hi! This is my first time in your blog and I love it! It's very international and this recipe... sounds so simple, but delicious! Hope to hear from you, Liz.
thanks admin beautiful site..