I love traditional tomato gazpacho and I have a special love for aguacates or avocados, hence this recipe. I can just eat avocados as a snack with a sprinkle of salt on top, and I always have them in my house. I was trying to make something different with them and that is how this recipe came to mind.
This Avocado Gazpacho is a terrific appetizer for summer parties.
- 2 small avocados, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups cucumber, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you have a smooth mixture.
- Adjust seasoning and transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until very cold, at least 1 hour.
- To serve, divide the gazpacho in bowls or cups and garnish with cucumber and red pepper.