This post is also available in Spanish
I have been sick all week with a bad cold and cough. Whenever I am sick I miss my mom’s chicken noodle soup, but since she is not here to make it for me, I had to make it for myself. What’s better than a warm bowl of chicken soup when it’s cold outside and you don’t feel good? Nothing, 🙂 This sopa de pollo y pasta was absolutely delicious.
(4 to 6 servings)
- 6 chicken drumsticks bone in and skin off
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup spaguetti or angel hair pasta, broken in small pieces
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Achiote or color
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime and avocado for serving
- Place the chicken in a medium pot and add the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the pasta and cilantro.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until chicken is completely tender. Remove the chicken from the pot and take the meat off the bone. Discard the bones and set the meat aside.
- Add the pasta and cilantro to the soup. Cook for about 8 minutes more. Return the chicken to the pot and serve hot with lime and avocado on the side.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...