Today let me introduce you to my favorite pizza of all time. This Colombian pizza is one of those things I love to eat whenever I visit Colombia. I must confess, I did not make my own pizza dough, I just used store bought. If you are feeling brave, feel free to make your own…I am not there yet ;-).
I have no words to describe just how good this pizza is. It is packed with goodness! You’ll have to try it so that you can understand what I am talking about for yourself. One of the reasons I love this blog so much is because it pushes me to make recipes at home of foods that I love and miss so much from my country.
- ½ lb pizza dough
- Flour for surface
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- 1 Colombian chorizo, thinly slice and cooked
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooking Spray
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- On a lightly floured surface turn out the dough and lightly work into a rectangle. Let rest for 10 minutes. Pat and stretch out the dough, turning and lifting to make about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place the pizza on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Spread the pizza sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle the frozen corn evenly over the pizza, add the chorizo slices and Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with cilantro and diced avocado. Serve.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...