Here’s a fresh and easy pea soup recipe for spring. Now this is what I call a delicious soup! It’s exactly what I like to have when I am craving a good hot soup and is the perfect dish to have on a rainy day. This Crema de Arvejas is a popular soup in the department of Cundinamarca in Colombia.
If you’ve been following my blog for any length of time, you know that I love fresh, homemade soups, the soups I grew up with in Colombia. Considering that soups are so simple to make from scratch, I can’t find a good reason to buy canned soups.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or beef broth
- 4 cups frozen or fresh peas
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium pot, add the onions and scallions, and cook over medium-low heat for 7 minutes, until the onion is soft.
- Add the broth, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add the peas, cumin and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the cilantro. Place the soup in a blender and puree.
- Return the soup to the pot, add the cream and serve.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...