Estofado de Cerdo is a Colombian dish consisting of pork cooked in a tomato-based sauce that includes carrots, potatoes and green beans. For this recipe, I used canned tomatoes, but you could easily use fresh tomatoes and add other vegetables such as peas and yuca.
This dish is delicious served with rice and avocado.
- 6 pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and into chunks
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and cook for about 4 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the tomato and water, and cook for about 7 minutes more.
- Add the pork loin chops, bay leaf, salt, cumin powder and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and let it cook for about 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the potatoes, green beans and carrots. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Serve with rice and avocado on the side.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...