When it comes to desserts, I usually like the ones made with fruits and that are a little tangy. The Colombian esponjado and flan are the perfect desserts to me because I can make variations with my favorite fruits and flavors. This lime esponjado is the perfect ending to any meal. Enjoy.
(6- 8 Servings)
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- In a small pot add the water and gelatin. Over medium heat let it cook for about 2 minutes or until the gelatin dissolves.
- Place the lime juice and condensed milk in a blender and blend for about 2 minutes. Add the dissolved gelatin to the blender and blend for 1 more minute.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer beat the heavy cream for about 3 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the lime mixture.
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites and sugar in a clean bowl until stiff.
- Add half of the egg whites to the mixture, gently folding to incorporate them. Don’t overwork the mixture. Add the rest of the whites and fold the mixtures together.
- Spoon the mixture into individual serving glasses or bowls and refrigerate for about 5 hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream or chopped graham crackers on top.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...