I am back and first I would like to thank all my guest bloggers for the wonderful recipes they shared with my readers. Thank you so much Norma, Velva, Rebecca, Joan and Sook for accepting my invitation and for the fantastic posts.
Now let’s talk about this recipe, Paletas de Salpicón. Salpicón is a Colombian fruit salad made with diced fruit and watermelon juice or Colombiana (Colombian soda). In Medellin it is popular to serve it with a scoop of ice cream on top.
These fruit popsicles are a frozen variation of Salpicón and are very popular in Colombia.
(About 6 popsicles)
- 3 cups assorted fresh fruit, such as pineapple, papaya, watermelon, mango, apple, banana, and seedless red grapes, cut into bite size pieces.
- 3 cups watermelon,orange or strawberry fresh juice.
- Place cut fruit in a large bowl, pour juice over fruit and stir.
- our the fruit and juice mixture into the molds.
- If using cups, you’ll need to insert wooden popsicle sticks. Freeze for about 4 hours, or until firm.