This post is also available in Spanish
Papas Chorreadas is a typical Colombian side dish, born in the Andean zone of the country, these creamy potatoes are delicious with meat dishes. And they are a must as a side dish for Sobrebarriga al Horno.
You can make a vegetarian version of papas chorreadas using vegetable bouillon instead of the chicken bouillon.
- 8 medium red potatoes, partially peeled
- 1 tablet chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups dice tomatoes
- 3 scallions cut into 2 inches long
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the potatoes and chicken bouillon in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil and cook about 30 minutes until tender. Drain and set a side.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil and butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and tomatoes, stir and cook about 7 minutes. Add garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir and cook 2 minutes more.
- dd cream, cilantro and cheese. Mix well and turn down the heat and cook for 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- In a serving dish place the potatoes and pour the sauce on top. Serve them hot.