I was craving a good hot soup last week and this star-shaped Pasta and Meatballs Soup was just what I needed to warm up on a cold fall day. This soup is rich, soothing, flavorful, and very easy to make.
Growing up in Colombia, a bowl of soup was served in my house with lunch or dinner every day. My mom’s Sopa de Estrellitas con Albóndigas was one of my favorites. The flavors of this soup remind me of my childhood home in Colombia and make me feel warm and cozy.
(About 6 to 8 servings)
- ½ pound of ground pork
- ½ pound of ground beef
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup of aliños sauce
- ¼ warm water
- 1/2 cup masarepa or precooked cornmeal
For the meatballs
For the soup:
1 cup of aliños sauce
2 carrots, peeled and diced
8 cups of water or more if needed
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 pound star-shaped, cooked until al dente and drained
Salt and ground pepper, to taste
Fresh cilantro for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, egg, aliños, salt, cornmeal and water. Knead with your hands until well mixed.
- Shape the mixture into 12 small meatballs, set them on a plate.
- In a large pot over medium heat, place the aliños, carrots, water cumin. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add the meatballs to the broth, one at a time. Cover and let cook for 40 to 45 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the cooked pasta and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...