This Tortilla de Plátano Maduro from Caldas department of Colombia is easy to make and a perfect option for brunch with a steaming pot of coffee or hot chocolate.
(4 – 6 servings)
- 3 very ripe plantains, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups grated queso fresco or queso blanco, plus more for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a nonstick fry pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the ripe plantain and cook, stirring occasionally, about, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and queso together.Place the cooked plantains in a baking pan.
- Pour the egg mixture in the plantains and place in the oven and bake until golden on top, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Serve warm.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...