Since coming to the United States, I prefer to cook with frozen yuca instead of fresh. Finding fresh yuca just right is tricky and the frozen one tastes great, comes already peeled and turns out very tender.
I usually have yuca in the fridge and the other day I was thinking of ways to cook it. So, I decided to make a recipe with yuca that I usually make with potatoes and my husband loved This Yuca Gratin or Yuca Gratinada. Enjoy.
- 1 pound frozenyuca
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the yuca in a large pot with salted water over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Adjust oven rack in the middle position and preheat to 375° F.
- Drain the yuca and remove any fibers from the center. Transfer to a large bowl and mash.
- Heat the heavy cream, chicken or vegetable bouillon, garlic, butter and salt in a small pot over medium heat.
- Add the cream mixture, beaten egg, parsley and chives to the mashed yuca and mix well.
- Transfer the yuca mixture to a greased baking dish, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese on top and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden in some parts. Serve warm.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...