Arepa Thai de Pollo (Thai Chicken Arepa)
- 2 cooked medium arepas
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup cucumber peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 6 tablespoons of shredded carrots
- ¼ cup red bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 scallions chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- Thai chili sauce for serving
- Place an arepa on a serving plate, top with the cooked chicken and add the cucumber, shredded carrots, red bell pepper and peanuts.
- Sprinkle scallions and fresh cilantro. Drizzle chili sauce to your taste and serve.
I threw this Thai Chicken dish together for lunch with some leftover chicken that was in my refrigerator. If you're a regular reader, you've probably noticed my obsession with arepas. I am always looking for new ways to prepare them!
I love the combination of spicy chili sauce (shirasha), the fragrant basil, fresh vegetables, chicken and crunchy peanuts. I have made many delicious Thai dishes, but I never thought of adding these wonderful Thai flavors to an arepa...until now that is! These arepas are perfect for snacks, a light lunch, or breakfast.