Arepa Thai de Pollo (Thai Chicken Arepa)
- 2 cooked medium arepas
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup cucumber peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 6 tablespoons of shredded carrots
- ¼ cup red bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 scallions chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- Thai chili sauce for serving
- Place an arepa on a serving plate, top with the cooked chicken and add the cucumber, shredded carrots, red bell pepper and peanuts.
- Sprinkle scallions and fresh cilantro. Drizzle chili sauce to your taste and serve.
I threw this Thai Chicken dish together for lunch with some leftover chicken that was in my refrigerator. If you're a regular reader, you've probably noticed my obsession with arepas. I am always looking for new ways to prepare them!
I love the combination of spicy chili sauce (shirasha), the fragrant basil, fresh vegetables, chicken and crunchy peanuts. I have made many delicious Thai dishes, but I never thought of adding these wonderful Thai flavors to an arepa...until now that is! These arepas are perfect for snacks, a light lunch, or breakfast.
what a fun fusion dish
Thai-Mexican is not exactly the most combination, but as always, you make it work!
Arepas are not mexican. South America does not equal Mexico, you know?
Yumm, love the flavours!!
Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook
Love the combination of arepas withe the Thai chicken. Fantastic use of leftover chicken, it looks delicious!
Jenn and Seth
these look so fresh and delicious, full of delicious flavor!
Chef Lannie Lan
that's what i'm talkin about. a Latin and Thai Fusion.
Thnkas to you I am developing an obsession for Arepas too. GREG
sriracha is all the rage these days, and for good reason! these arepas look so tasty, erica!
Norma-Platanos, Mangoes and Me!
This does look really flavorful.
I made this arepa for my Colombian husband. The flavors were wonderful. What a delicious and different idea.
Thank you, everyone!
Tengo que intentar hacer este. se ve delicioso.
Erica, será q nos puedes dar la receta de las arepas? yo he intentado con la q viene atras de la bolsa de harina pan y no me quedan =( no se en q estoy fallando