This simple Pasta with Portobello Mushroom Sauce recipe is very easy to prepare and has plenty of flavor, making it perfect for a vegetarian weeknight dinner. You can substitute any other mushroom variety. Serve with a green salad.
Penne Pasta with Portobello Mushroom Sauce
- 1 pound penne pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ pound portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 ½ cups cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ½ cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives, divided
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente; drain well and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, add the tomato paste, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until thick, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon about 5 minutes. Add the parmigiano-reggiano and 1 tablespoon chives, stir well and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Add the pasta to the mushroom sauce, stirring well and cook until the pasta is heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with remaining chives and serve immediately.
Calories: 822kcalCarbohydrates: 65gProtein: 22gFat: 53gSaturated Fat: 28gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 489mgPotassium: 492mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1825IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 390mgIron: 2mg
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Yum, this looks great!
Thank you, Gina!
I made this last night and it was so amazing.Everyone loved it.
Made this dish today and it was delicious. Easy to make.
I wanted to try this out because my wife did not think I could beat her cooking. The kids loved it and so did she. According to her we are tie as far as cooking skills go. Thanks!!
This tastes cheesy And tomato-y. I'm an Italian chef and would use this recipe if my boss let me. Chao!
I made this recipe several times and it is absolutely delicious! You will not be disappointed.
Super good, easy to make! We are meat eaters, so I added chicken. And the second time I made it I added asparagus. Yummo!
Thank you for the great recipe, looking forward to trying this one. We love pasta in the Royal Navy. Do you mind if i add this recipe to my site ?
My beautiful girlfriend and I made this in my tiny kitchen and it was very easy.
Thank you for this great recipe! I am going to spoil my grandfather and grandmother with it for Sunday Lunch!
I made it and it was very good. Great meatless meal.
My wife make this pasta twice a month. We all love it. It's one of of our favorite pasta dishes.