Four ripe avocados were in the basket in my kitchen for two days while I was trying to figure out what to make with them. I eat so many avocados that sometimes I don’t know how to eat them in a different way.
So I decided to make a Potato, Avocado and Shrimp Salad and it was easy and delicious. You can’t go wrong adding avocados to a salad!
This salad is perfect for the hot summer days ahead 🙂
- 6 large peeled potatoes, cooked and diced
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced and cooked carrots
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche or crema de leche fresca
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, creme fraiche, lime juice, salt, pepper and cumin and set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl, add the onions, garlic, carrots, peas, shrimp, avocado and cilantro.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.