This post is also available in Spanish
Mexican food is one of my favorite cuisines and it’s full of tradition and flavor. I want to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, a Mexican holiday, with this Tilapia Taco recipe.
These Tilapia Fish Tacos are very simple to make and absolutely delicious!
- 1 Pound tilapia fish
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Juice of 2 limes, divided
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the fish on a plate and sprinkle with the cumin, salt, pepper and chili powder, if you want a kick. Drizzle with olive oil and the juice of 1 lime.
- Preheat a skillet over medium- high heat. Add the fish and cook until golden on the outside. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Combine the avocado, juice of 1 lime, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat the tortillas in an ungreased nonstick pan and wrap the tortillas in a clean towel to keep them warm.
- To assemble the tacos, place an equal amount of the tilapia in each tortilla, along with a big spoonful of the avocado mixture and top with shredded lettuce. Serve with favorite salsa on
- the side.