- 2 pounds boneless stew beef, cut into 2” x 2” cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 large carrots, slice crosswise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and cook for about 4 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Coat the beef chunks with the flour and add to the pot, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add the tomato sauce, beef stock, bay leaf, salt, cumin powder and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low, cover and let it cook for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the potatoes and carrots. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Serve with white rice.