Do you love Dulce de Leche and Coconut? Then allow me to introduce you to a delicious dessert, Cocadas de Arequipe. It’s simple and easy to make and an absolutely wonderful.
The aromas in the kitchen were making me so hungry when I was cooking these cocadas, that I just could not wait to eat them. When they finally cooled, I quickly cut myself a piece and bit into it. It was a piece of heaven in my mouth!
(About 12 Cocadas de Aequipe)
5 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup arequipe or dulce de leche
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl mix the coconut and dulce de leche until well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Wet your fingers and lightly press the mixture evenly into the pan.
5. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until very lightly browned.
6. Cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares. Serve at room temperature.