This post is also available in Spanish
Do you love Dulce de Leche and Coconut? Then allow me to introduce you to a delicious dessert, Cocadas de Arequipe. It’s simple and easy to make and an absolutely wonderful.
The aromas in the kitchen were making me so hungry when I was cooking these cocadas, that I just could not wait to eat them. When they finally cooled, I quickly cut myself a piece and bit into it. It was a piece of heaven in my mouth!
(About 12 Cocadas de Aequipe)
- Cooking spray
- 5 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup arequipe or dulce de leche
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix the coconut and dulce de leche until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Wet your fingers and lightly press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until very lightly browned.
- Cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares. Serve at room temperature.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...