This post is also available in Spanish
- 2 Lb fresh or frozen yuca (cassava)
- Vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon salt
- In a large pot cover the yuca with water, add salt and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and cook about 15 to 20 minutes or until is tender.
- Remove the yuca from the water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the cooked yuca into ½ – inch strips.
- Fill a large frying pan with enough vegetable oil to 350° F. When the oil is hot, place the yuca into the heated oil carefully. Fry them until golden brown on both sides about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the yuca pieces from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and serve.