Huevos Pericos is a traditional and very popular Colombian breakfast. It is, simply, scrambled eggs with tomatoes and scallions.
Adding corn makes for a delicious variation of the traditional dish and the best part is, it’s a super easy recipe. Serve it with arepa and cheese on the side.
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked corn, fresh or frozen
- 6 large eggs
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- Salt to taste
- In a medium non-stick skillet heat the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and scallions and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the corn, stir and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl beat the eggs and salt. Pour the eggs in the skillet with the tomato mixture and cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set.
- Stir twice or until the eggs mix with the tomato and scallions and cook about 2 minutes or until the eggs are the consistency you like.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...